Mountain Parka - Wax Orange
Mountain Parka - Wax Orange
- American waxed cotton shell
- Wool body lining
- Quilted sleeve lining
- Raglan sleeves
- Decorative western yoke
- Gusseted patch pocket with snap flap: 3 x front & 1 x back
- Zipper welt pocket: 1 x front & 1 x back
- 3 internal welt pockets
- Mil-spec slide buckle on the waist belt
- Elbow patches
- Hood cinch belt
- Stitched visor on hood
- Cinch cuffs with snap fastener
- Leather drawcord and leather cord stopper on hood
- DOT brand snap fasteners made in the U.S.A.
- Vegetable-tanned leather washers
- Hanging loop on the back
- Double needle stitching construction
Country of Origin:
Los Angeles, California, USA
The Mountain Parka is a pertinent example of Monitaly’s careful attention to detail and engineered fitting. Several well-crafted design features, such as raglan sleeve construction, underarm gussets and shoulder pleats, work in conjunction to keep the Mountain Parka mobility-friendly despite its substantial weight as a water-resistant outer layer. The jacket boasts a total of six outer pockets; a patch gusseted pocket on right chest, a vertical zipper welt pocket on left chest, two large-sized gusted pockets at lower front, and two pockets on back. The right chest pocket is equipped with a penholder opening on flap for better functionality. The two lower front pockets can be accessible in two ways; storage from the top opening and hand-warming from side entry. All the pockets get double needle top stitch with sturdy thick thread. At the top of front zipper closure, wool zipper guard is attached to avoid the discomfort of metal zipper touching your skin in cold weather. There is a waist belt made out of self waxed cotton fabric with a military-spec buckle closure. Snap fasteners used are “DOT” brand, which is made by Scovill Co. All snap fasteners are set with vegetable-tanned leather washer that has been skived (sliced) to get the best thickness for reinforcement.
Waxed cotton is most often used in hunting and fishing clothing and is practically water- and wind-proof. Domestically-produced American waxed cotton is chosen to produce this jacket, which goes through a unique process to apply wax. Wax is impregnated into yarn with a special technique that has been passed down from generation to generation at the company. Waxed cotton fabric treated with this special technique has much less wax migration problem without sacrificing its functionality. The more you take care of the wax cotton fabric, the appearance of the wax cotton fabric will be more nicely aged and you can enjoy the aging process over years. Hem of the jacket is finished with wool ribbing which makes the jacket fit better.
Size & Fit
- Fits true to size. Take your normal size.
- This jacket is designed for a comfortable fit.
- Model wears [Him] size 42.
- Model measures: [Him] height 6'3"/190.5cm, weight 170 lbs/77 kg
Shell: 100% American Waxed Cotton
Body Lining: 85% Wool / 15% Nylon Made-in-USA jacquard fabric
Sleeve Lining: 100% Nylon shell with polyester insulation
- Brush away all surface dirt. Sponge clean with luke warm water. Use a soft brush for difficult stains. Hang to dry at room temperature.
- Do not machine Wash.
- Do not dry clean.
- Do not bleach.
Shipping & Returns
We want you to be fully satisfied with your purchase. Please visit our “Shipping & Returns” page for more information about domestic/international shipping and return policy.