US Army Tent
(100% Cotton Vintage US Army Shelter Tent Fabric)
Crafted in Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
The Mountain Parka is a pertinent example of Monitaly’s careful attention to detail and engineered fitting. Several well crafted design features, such as raglan sleeve construction, underarm gussets and shoulder pleats, work in conjunction to keep the Mountain Parka mobility-friendly despite its substantial weight as a water-repellent outer layer. The jacket boasts four snap closure exterior pockets in addition to a vertical chest zip pocket, two of which double as hand-warming, side entry slide-in pockets.
The special edition Mountain Parka in U.S. Army Tent fabric is expertly crafted from 1950’s vintage U.S. army tent fabric with vintage union special sewing machines. Several of the functional features of the tents themselves are adapted and repurposed extensively for the Mountain Parka: the wind flap incorporates tent edge fabric with artful consideration of the original tent snap fasteners, the hanging loop behind the hood is created from the tent corner with original grommet and cord, and the hem of the parka is equipped with detachable pouch pocket and hanging loops for additional storage options. The quality of vintage U.S. army tent cloth is so great that it is still perfectly functional after years of military use and has vintaged admirably, yielding a rich and contrasting character.
- Raglan sleeve construction and underarm gusset for ease of movement
- Double needle felled seams
- Gusseted patch pockets, finished with double needle top stitching with extra thick thread
- Decorative western yoke
- Two-layer hood holds its shape in poor weather
- Leather drawcord and leather cord stopper on hood
- DOT brand snap fasteners, reinforced with vegetable-tanned leather washers
- Unique vintage U.S. Army tent fabric and features
*This limited edition style is available while vintage tent stocks last.